This is the 2nd in my series of Make A Date With… And this edition is Make A Date With Your Website. Grab a cup of tea, put on your favorite music, grab a notepad and start your date!
- Check the copyright date on your website and make sure it’s up to date. If it’s not, have your website person code your © 2017 and it will auto-update each year.
- Install the Grammarly on your desktop or Chrome Browser. Grammarly is a grammar checker that instantly eliminates grammatical errors and enhances your writing. “Grammarly is trusted by millions every day”. I have it on my Chrome browser and it auto pops into the bottom right-hand corner of my WordPress pages when I’m inside of my site. Grammarly underlines possible grammar issues in red and suggests grammar options.
- Did you install Grammarly? Ok, now look at a few important pages on your website. Let’s start with your About page. Check the spelling and grammar with Grammarly.
- Look at your website on mobile. Take 5-7 minutes and look at as many pages as possible. If you aren’t happy with how it looks.
- Do you have blog posts on your site? Think about refreshing the images on your existing blog post to give them a fresh look.
- Try not to upload any images over 900 pixels so it doesn’t slow down your website speed. If your front page calls for larger images, that’s ok.
- Smush It! Resize, optimize and compress all of your images with the incredibly powerful and 100% free WordPress image smusher, brought to you by the superteam at WPMU DEV!
- SSL Certificate: Don’t frown, Google loves to see sites that are secure with an SSL certificate. Call your web hosting company and start a conversation and see if it’s the right thing for you.
Make An Impression