Start a habit of giving yourself a gift. It doesn’t have to be after a big project or a big win, make it just because your heart and soul deserve it.
TIPS FOR PICKING A REWARD
- Don’t pick a reward that negates what you’ve just achieved. For example, if you’ve decluttered, don’t buy stuff as a reward. If you’ve sorted out a great morning routine don’t reward yourself with taking a nap!
- Pick a relevant reward that is something to do with what you’ve just done – to reinforce your good work. For example, you’ve finally sorted your bedroom and organized it all – so treat yourself to an early night and enjoy the room a little!
- Pick something that truly motivates you to get the job done. If you can look forward to something then it drives you to get the job finished that much quicker.
- Make the reward something easy to achieve quickly – for example, don’t reward with a holiday if it’s going to take you a year to save up…
- Reward yourself with a treat that’s on the same level as the task. Small rewards for small tasks, and large for large ones.
- Remember, rewards don’t have to cost anything – you can get pleasure out of the most simple things if you allow yourself to really enjoy them.
32 IDEAS FOR WAYS TO REWARD YOURSELF
- Enjoy a magazine and a coffee in peace and quiet for half an hour
- Relax with a few favorite magazines
- Run a hot bath with a good book and a relaxing bath foam/candle
- Take a break. A holiday/day out etc… or simply some time away from everyday life
- Book a meal out
- Savor a nice glass of wine
- Listen to a favorite music album
- Watch a movie
- Watch a TV program you have been meaning to watch for ages (or indulge in an entire box set!)
- Go for a long walk
- Go to a concert or the theatre
- Try a new exercise class
- Start a new hobby that you’ve always wanted to do
- Take up a new sport
- Sign up for a night class
- Organize an evening out with friends
- Delegate a task
- Visit an exhibition / museum / gallery
- Treat yourself to your favorite cake/chocolate
- Go to a coffee shop and relax for a while with your favorite drink
- Get a takeaway and take the night off cooking
- Take a day off work
- Spend time with a friend
- Have a beauty treatment
- Visit a spa/sauna
- Have your nails done
- Read a book
- Have a child-free day/afternoon to do whatever you want
- Have an early night
- Get flowers / a plant for your home
- Light a nice candle
- Have a picnic in your local park
The list really is endless…
SO – HAS THIS LIST INSPIRED YOU TO REWARD YOURSELF AND ENJOY A FEW MORE TREATS IN YOUR LIFE GOING FORWARD?
Remember – treating yourself doesn’t have to be expensive or time-consuming. Even the smallest thing can boost your mood and make you more creative.
Curated from 32 Brilliant Ways To Reward Yourself For A Job Well Done by Chrissy at Organize My House.
NEED MORE HAPPY? GO TO OUR HAPPY
Join Me On Instagram
Make An Impression