Wait, what? Exactly.
Cut to the chase. Put your offer and your most important points at the top of your content, and cut down on your words.
Your customer’s attention span is vanishing, check these stats:
- 10 seconds is the amount of time it takes a visitor to decide whether they’re going to stay on your page. (If someone stays on your page for more than 30 seconds, they will likely stay for more than two minutes, and will likely return later).
- 30 seconds is the average length of a television commercial (down from one minute in the 1950s and 1960s).
- 90 seconds is the drop off attention in viewer retention to any marketing video.
- 30 seconds in the considered length of an elevator pitch (formerly 118 seconds, the average length of a New York elevator ride).
- 20% is the average email open rate of any business email (while 95% of visitors never fill out a form in any industry’s website).
- 40% of visitors will leave a website if loading takes more than three seconds.
- 5 minutes is the average attention span of a person (dropping from 12 minutes in the course of the last 10 years).
What do you think? If you need help with your content and posting, get in touch!
Read the entire article, “What will you do when your customers no long have attention spans?” on Qblog.
Make An Impression.