Social Media Checklist for Your Business
Keeping up with the Zuckerbergs! If that’s what you really want to do as a small business or single entrepreneur here is my personal list that I have created through years of working in social media marketing and managing social networks for my clients.
- Hire a professional that has a wide knowledge base of social media marketing, blogging, websites, niche sites and networking. Not just posting on Facebook and Twitter…don’t sell yourself short.
- Have a business plan for your social media marketing and create an editorial calendar of topics.
- Don’t do cookie cutter – What other niche networks do you need? Should you create your own social network or membership site? Do you need Facebook and Twitter?
- Don’t walk away. Be consistent but vary your social media days and times of posting to catch a wider audience.
- Don’t be a bore. In person or on your social networks!
- Refresh your website:
- Do you have a blog and what are you saying?
- When was the last time you refreshed your content?
- Just say no to “flash”
- Does you logo mean anything?
- Don’t be a bore. In person or on your social networks
- Remember: The center of your company is your website – never forget that!
- When was the last time you sent an email marketing note to your customers? Do it today!
- Showcase employees and your customers on your social networks!
- Be good to your customers and clients!
- Give value and give the people what they want on your social networks and in person.
- Showcase your environment/business.Partner with community/charity…but only if you really mean it from the heart.
- Claim your business on Google Places, create posts, and coupons.
- Take your social media marketing into the real world.
Do it all over again.