When you sit down at your desk how long does it take you to find something? Are you looking through the drawers, the files and the stack of “organized” papers? Have you gone paperless but you still can’t locate were you saved that file? Well, you are not alone. Busy small biz owners are taking care of their customers during the day and looking through all of their paperwork at night. I don’t have the magic answer for everyone but I do have a few suggestions to help you start organizing your desk.
- Create short cuts on your computer desktop to save time.
- Try to touch your incoming mail and paperwork just two times. If you touch it more than twice you are just pushing paper around.
- Get the right office supplies to manage your business needs. Always label and file your important documents.
- Sign up for a free eFax number and let your faxes go directly into your email.
- Schedule time with yourself to take care of the administrative side of your business.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help and then run and get a cup of coffee!
“Being organized is being powerful” I don’t know who said this but I am going to write it down…as soon as I can find my pen!
Hope this helps!