If you have promoted a post on Instagram, you may find that you want to edit that post for future use. Well, you can’t edit a promoted post on Instagram until you delete the promotion.
Deleting the promotion does not delete the post but it will delete the “insights” on the promotion. Doing this will allow you to then edit your post.
Delete a Promotion on an Instagram Post
To delete a promotion and keep the post:
- Tap Promotions on your profile page.
- Tap Past Promotions under Manage.
- Tap View Insights on the promotion you want to delete.
- Scroll to the end of the page and tap Delete Promotion.
- Confirm you want to Delete This Promotion and tap Delete.
- Go back to your post and edit.
Send me a message on Instagram if you have any problems.
Make An Impression