Do you ever wonder how many blogs are just sitting and waiting for their owner to come back and post something new? Technorati found that only 7.4 million out of 133 million blogs had been updated in a 120 day period. These statistics are from 2008 so you can imagine what it must be now!
How do you recapture the zest of blogging? First, ask yourself if you ever had a reason to blog. If you didn’t…then pull the plug. Delete the site, close the door, get the monkey off you back and clean up the Internet.
Now, if you do want to blog but you are just are too busy… here are three quick tips to get back on the blog track:
- Brainstorm and list at least 10 future blog topics
- Put a date on your calendar (at least once a week) to blog and be consistent
- Engage the services of an expert to keep you on track! Let them review and post your blog
Here are five topics to put a little zest in your blog:
- Interview others for your blog posts
- Pick a theme and make a series of blog posts
- Create a tutorial
- Do a “pros and cons” post
- Create a top ten list
Make An Impression