4 Things You Should Never Do!
1. Never go into the Appearance>Editor or Appearance>Plugin Editor and try to change the code. This could crash your site so bad that you might not see it again! Let an experienced coder make the changes.
2. Never load your site with a lot of plugins that everyone says is great. Check them out and talk with an experience WordPress designer. Plugins can become outdated and/or incompatible and crash your site. We all use plugins, just use them wisely, and if you no longer need the plugin, please, deactivate it and then delete it from your site.
3. Never update to a new version of WordPress unless your website is backed up. I use WP Twin. If your website is showcases your business then hire a professional to backup your website on a regular basis and make sure they can quickly restore your website from their backup file.
4. Never let someone who says, “I don’t know WordPress, but I can take a look and see if I can fix it”, log into your precious website and play around in it.
4 Things You Should Always Do!
1. Always sign off on your posts with your name and a link back to your website.
2. Always go to Settings>General and make sure your tag line doesn’t say, “Just another WordPress website”.
3. Always go to Settings>Reading and check your search engine visibility.
4. Always upload your images with key words because they will get indexed by Google.
Hope this helps you enjoy your website. Contact me if you’re ready for a new website.
Make An Impression